Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ron and Rom; Ain't Nothin' but a Thang

This persistent phony meme that Paul and Romney are somehow teaming up is fairly risible, and probably motivated by the idea that Romney may be more naive than overtly evil like Sant and Ging, but I'm doubtful that a second generation insider Governor is going to be so clueless. It's more likely that he's just better than the other two liars in lying convincingly, and the Mormon thing makes it easier to believe in true lies. I would be very surprised if Ron were to play ball with this lightweight, after thirty or so years of non-compromise. Rand, now, I'm not so sure.


(Oh, yeah, thanks a lot Ted! Now I REALLY don't believe you never did drugs! Look at that SE grin and squinty eyes. Now you can go hunting with the Mittster. Tip - wear orange and stay behind him.)

I just came from a discussion of this topic over at Infowars, (yeah, I know, I know...) Ron Paul Warming To Potential VP Slot?, but even in that rarified atmosphere most of the commenters were keeping good faith with Ron. Rand remains a known unknown, however, and even though I have, and continue, to support him, I was somewhat dismayed to be informed in his weekly newletter that -

"Americans Previously Detained In Egypt Released

It was reported this week that the Egyptian government lifted the travel ban on the remaining Americans being prosecuted for their association with pro-democracy nongovernmental organizations (NGOs).

Over the past several weeks, I have worked tirelessly to bring attention to the unjust actions of the Egyptian government, and I insisted that my colleagues in the Senate debate, consider, and vote on my amendment to deny Egypt any U.S. foreign aid unless they ended their attempt to prosecute these Americans. Now that Egypt has begun to relent, it is clear that the growing pressure on Egypt from the U.S. government - including from Congress - was a factor in their decision.

It was later confirmed that a plane carrying the previously detained American pro-democracy workers left Egypt on Thursday. It brings me great relief to know the brave American pro-democracy workers in Egypt are safely returning home to the U.S. Their safe return brings closure to this ordeal."


I don't know what he's up to here, but I don't like it. (Personally I was hoping the Egyptians would hang the bastards, but I admit to being somewhat immature.) I have complete faith in Ron, but methinks Rand may be "growing into" acceptance by the PTB. " brave American pro-democracy workers".  Say what?  I hope Rand knows what he's doing. Maybe he does, but if you lay down with the dogs, don't be surprised when you start itching.

No comments: