Thursday, January 23, 2014

Daisey, Daisey, Give Me Your Answer, Do!

I just opted out of Google's social app (which I never asked to join). They asked me to tell them why...

Google is great, Search is amazing, however,
I never understood Google+; seems like a copy of Faceplant, which I detest,
both are swarming with morons, judging by the comments I've seen
I dislike cute animals and sunsets
  am long out of high-school
  a committed misanthrope
  have an IQ above room temperature
  am uninterested in anything social, especially media
  don't feel in control of the process or experience
  think we should "see" other people.
  am sorry.

"Open the pod bay door, HAL!"
"You know I can't do that, Dave. It would endanger the mission."

The only reason I can see for Google+, and why they're putting so much into it, is sophisticated phishing. If it's really on the level (or even if it isn't), they need to make it more coherent and explain whatever the benefits are to the user. I don't know how they could do that, but I'm not a billionaire genius.

No comments: