Friday, February 11, 2011

"I Can't Believe this has Actually Happened"



I'm watching AlJazeera live about an hour since Mubarak's announcement - the crowds are going nuts.  Most common description of the celebration is "indescribable". Congratulations to the Egyptians and may Amon-Ra grant that their revolution is not turned on it's head like so many others. Now comes the difficult part of freedom.


I'm somewhat optimistic over quotes I've heard that Egyptians believe that they have triumphed not just over Mubarak, but the the entire international conspiracy behind him. "We got rid of Mubarak, but now is the time to get rid of the Mubarak dictatorship!" May the whole world come to see clearly what is revealed when the curtain is pulled down. I'm not really optimistic, but hopeful that the Egyptians' well-earned cynicism about the  "International Community" will see them to a better future. 

No comments: